Saturday, August 30, 2008

Surviving School

School has started and I have survived my first two weeks, just barely though. ;) I am really excited about this year because it looks like I have some great students. Anyway, here are some pictures from my room, before the kids got there. I am in a portable, which makes teaching science with no water or lab area really fun, but I make it work. I really did beg to stay in my room because I can control the air and we have windows, so I don't have to have the lights on all the time (florescent lighting gives me migraines from time to time).







My whiteboards are terrible! Once I put something on them, it doesn't come off. I think I will have to start covering them in paper and then tossing the paper. I use my overhead projector and power point alot, so that is helpful. I teach 8th grade US History and science, and 7th grade geography, all of which I taught last year as well.

1 comment:

Kelseybob said...

That is really great. Sometimes I think that I want to go get my teaching cert and teach. Then I remember that I have a hard enough time with three kids let alone 25 or 30. :) Your room looks great!