I can't believe the summer has gone by already! I sure did enjoy it though!
I think I am pretty well set for school to start this year. Last year was a blur of meetings where nothing made any sense. I didn't know the difference between AYP, Progress Monitoring, ESE or NCLB.
This year, I already have one year of actual teaching under my belt and I am teaching the same subjects I did last year.
One really cool thing--my two science classes had the highest scores on the FCAT!!!! The FCAT (a four letter word as far as I am concerned), is the Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test that the students take each year and is a huge factor in the school grade. It is supposed to see what students learned that year, the one major flaw--they take it in MARCH!!!! So, we have to cram a full year's worth of teaching in by March. After the FCAT it is a challenge getting the students to do any work. They all say, "what does it matter now, the FCAT is over?"
I have really great ideas for this year and am actually looking forward to teaching. Once I get my room put together, I will post pics.




1 comment:
Yay for back to school... it actually affects us this year because Sheldon is going to Kindergarten! Yep I'm really old!
Post a Comment