Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Fun Just Never Ends

I managed to make it through Pre-Week and Schedule Pick-up at school (my room looks so cool this year, I actually had time to make it look cute this year--I'll get pics Monday, before the students get there). I have all of my papers ready for all of my classes the first week, so life is pretty good so far and I am feeling pretty good.

When I am at the salon getting my pedicure, what do I hear but there is a tropical storm that may hit us, and fairly soon too! I sure love life, there is NEVER a dull moment. I have posted the current advisory and a feed so that you can keep up on the latest. I plan to run to the store to get some supplies, just in case. After the last 4 hurricanes that I made it through with only tuna fish and Spaghetti O's, (while Scott was fed steak--many restaurants opened to feed emergency personnel for free, since their food would spoil anyway), I make sure to have other food on hand. If the storm does hit, it will be the first one we will weather in our house. We were in the apartment for the hurricanes and I kept praying the tree wouldn't fall on us!

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for us, it could be a fun week! Can't wait to see if school is closed on the second day of classes!

2 comments:

Kelseybob said...

I'm always so worried about you whenever I hear of hurricans down your way. I hope everyone does well and that you aren't stuck in for too long!

Love you Pookie!

Anonymous said...

Ya, this shouldn't be too bad, since it is still only a tropical storm. I didn't even know it was a threat until today.

Scott got a call tonight for a meeting tomorrow morning for city and county people to get the latest update and start planning. Hopefully it won't go right over us, but will drop some much needed rain on us. We will see.