Murphy's Law seems to always follow Wally around - and this reception was no exception. The tables were all set ...
... and the caterers were putting the food out - but the the skies were menacing!
From three directions, the storm was heading towards the Odd reception! This is the back of the house - see that blue canopy? You will see it again in a few moments.
Just as all the food was laid out for us to eat, the drops came - and we all rushed to gather the napkin-wrapped silverware, and turn the chairs upside down. The food was covered quickly and we ran for shelter. Surely, the rain would pass quickly.
These beautiful girls are Wally's daughters - and a granddaughter - all gathered under that blue canopy.


Emily (Virginia), Jennie (Arizona) and Julie (Utah)
This is the granddaughter -
Okay - back to the story - remember those lovely girls, trying to stay dry under that blue tarp?
And the winner of the "Wet T-shirt Contest"? The "bride!"
And the food? Look just beyond the bushes on the right! It's not so easy to see in this picture, but the rain is pouring down!
The caterers ran out in the downpour and rescued everything - bless their hearts! That was the most delicious cheesecake I have ever tasted!!!
Here are Wally and Carol - about 15 minutes earlier -
And this is Annie, Carol's daughter, with her husband, Scott.
And they're all living happily ever after! ; )















3 comments:
I can't see any of the pictures, and they're the most important part! All I get is a blank box where the picture should be with a tiny red X in the corner. Maybe it's my browser. I'll have to check back later.
I think I fixed it Michi, if not let me know and I will try again.
it worked! Fun pictures!
Post a Comment