Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Summer Report- Week 2

Monday, June 15th-
I did some house work, nothing really major. Just cleaned the bathroom, did laundry and computer stuff. I did get my water intake in for the day! The one thing I did straight out of bed was rescue a little frog from certain death. The wonderful cats are so generous, they deliver offerings to us in the form of frogs and lizards on a daily basis. They are very smart, in that they deliver all of the offerings under the dining room table. Should you ever dine with us, it is not unheard of to have a dead lizard dropped at your feet. Really gross, but you will know you are accepted into the family. ;)

Tuesday, June 16th- Frog Legs anyone?
We have had a ton of rain lately! Well, not really for Florida. When I first moved here, we would have daily thunderstorms every afternoon, around 5:00. We have been in a drought for about 2 years, so we often forget that this is a tropical area with tons of rain. With that rain, come insects, and frogs. Our little cats have been working overtime in the frog department and bringing in tons of frogs. Scott saved two frogs yesterday morning before he left for work.
I spent the day working on the house. I moped the floors and put everything back into the front room. I even moved the patio furniture back in, much to Scott's dismay. My idea for the front room, is to have it be a sitting room. One love seat, two comfy chairs and a small coffee table. That way, if someone wants to read, while others are watching TV, you can have somewhere to go. I love it! Scott doesn't too much, so I will have to post pics and have everyone vote.

Wednesday, June 17th- HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTTY!!!!
Today is Scott's birthday! He is now 44! Holy crap that is old!! ;) I have a fun night planed for tonight!
Today has not gone too well so far, so I hope it will improve very soon. I got up and started running tons of errands. I went and got the car registration renewed (nothing like the last minute) and I got my fishing licence for the Keys trip (I will be catching some lobster!!). After that, off to the library to drop stuff off, then gas then to Bed Bath and Beyond. They weren't open yet, so I went to Panera for Green Tea and a bagel. At BBaB, I discovered that they did not have the massage chair I was going to get Scott for his birthday. :( The clerk said that they could order it for me and have it sent to my house. I thought, well that will be fine, since I am home anyway and will save me a trip. Well, I found out once I got home and looked at the receipt, that they charged me shipping! I am going to have a chat with the manager on that one. Anyway, serves me right for waiting until the last minute. I also got a really cute, summery table cloth, but found out it is too short for the dinning room table, so I have to go back for that too. :( After a trip to the grocery store to get food for Scott's dinner tonight, I came home to no power (it had been off when I left, but the power company said it should be restored by 9:00). It was now after 11:00 and I needed to get the pork butt on for dinner tonight. While on the phone with my sister-in-law to see if I can take the crock pot to her house, the power company worker was in my back yard, so I decided to wait. Power was on soon and the butt is cooking away! I am going to go get lunch and then make any finalizations for dinner tonight for Scott's "party." We are going to have a Boston Pork Butt, corn and salad (or coleslaw, if I run get some). For dessert, he wants a DQ Blizzard, so I don't even have to make a cake!

No comments: