Monday, July 23, 2012

40 Weeks and Grumpy

As I reach MONTH TEN (GRRRRR) of pregnancy, I find that I really lack patience. I know that she will come when she is ready, but hey, don't I have a say in this, after all, I am the one having to pack her around. ;)  
 Can't believe I made it this far! I thought she'd be early.
 Not happy about being this far along!
Silly Bailey!

I know that once she is here, there will be things that I will miss. I really do enjoy feeling her move around (I've found a foot twice, but normally just get her butt moving from one side to the other). And her little hiccups (she has gotten them up to 3 times a day most days!). I will also miss the fact that no one yells when I need a second nap in one day (really going to miss that!!).

I really will not miss the heartburn (omg, I thought I was going to die some nights), having to get up to pee 10 times a night (some nights that is not an exaggeration at all), the ability to wake up and smell things in Germany (seriously, I was so glad once school was out and I didn't have to hold my breath around my students who bathe in perfume), dripping with sweat if the temp gets above 73 degrees (I so do not ever want to be pregnant in FL in the summer again! Not fun), or the ability to pass gas worse than a 19 year old college student (pregnancy symptoms are insane).

I have found that actually the hardest thing to cope with being pregnant for me is that I just can't do things anymore. I have always been very self-sufficient and not being able to pick up heavy items or move furniture has been very difficult to just sit back and let everyone else do it. It has been so great having mom here to help get things done and I am so much more calm now that we have been able to nest for the baby.

I really hope she gets here soon, especially right now, because her little feet are digging into my ribs right now! ;)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yay, she's almost here! Love your expression in the second pic! :)