Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Ignore That Fire and Do Your Work
I have found that everyday in middle school always holds surprises you would never expect. Today, while we were correcting our study guides, two of my students begin talking and laughing. I give them the "teacher look" and try to continue, one says, "That tree is on fire." I glance out the window, see nothing and figure they are doing the old, "made ya look" bit, so I ignore and move on. Then he says again, "There really is a tree on fire." I look more closely and what do you know, but a palm tree behind campus is, indeed, on fire! Needless to say, it was raining out at the time (well, a very little bit of rain by FL standards). I call the front desk and say, "Don't panic, but a tree behind campus is on fire. I don't think it is on our property though." What a day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment