It is now official. I got my "pink slip" today. Since I have only been teaching for 2 years, I am still on annual contract. This year, due to budget cuts, all staff on annual contract are given a letter saying that at this time, we are unable to hire you back for the 2009-2010 school year. I was in a panic at first, but I found out that in the entire district, around 46 positions need to be cut, and only 4 at our school. I relaxed a little.
When speaking with the principal today, I am not panicked, but worried. She said she may be able to tell me before school lets out if she can hire me back. MAY????? How can I enjoy the summer, which I totally earned by the way, if I don't know if I will have a job?!?!?
Just to be on the safe side, I will be heading to the unemployment office tomorrow to file. I will still be working until June, but have been told that with that letter, I will be able to file. I will also be putting my ear to the ground for any potential jobs, so let me know if you hear of any. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment